The "Point Arena"

It's been a long time and especially after a great sabbatical from a pleasant experience of taking pictures, I was able to adventure and drive up to the North side of California all the way on 1 North and it was a fantabulous experience. A drive to Point Arena was very relaxing. It was about 3.5 hrs away from the East Bay and was pretty much in the country side of the state. Great part was the plenty of vista points and many places to just chill & relax. Though the entire stretch is meant to be a great place for whale watching, I couldn't get too see any due to the foggy weather when I reached Point Arena. On the way to Point Arena I learnt that this place is very inaccessible to grocery stores and emergency services. So, one needs to be well equipped for any emergencies for their trip to toss part of the state.
Here are few beautiful pictures I got to take on the way to Point Arena,

As I drove further to Point Arena - a 150 year old Light House and apparently the closest ones to Hawaii, we learnt that the tours to the Light House are currently suspended due to COVID-19. There was a museum and a gift store that was open too public. The museum was definitely educating for those who like about navigation and how light houses operated.

Here's few pictures of the museum,

Right outside the museum was a place dedicated for the native plants that are grown in the region. The most interesting thing that caught my attention was the arrangement of sea animals skeletons.

And, here's the view of the historical light house, Point Arena

On the way back to home, I stopped by few places to get a glimpse of other view this coastal line had to offer and here are wonderful pictures I got to take 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend at Barbeque nation , Banjara Hills

My Experiments With Truth

A New beginning at Dallas...